Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Hearts!

So in anticipation for the movie release of Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland on March 5th and this past Valentine's weekend, I am making this blog all about HEARTS and the color RED!

I can't wait to see Helena Bonham Carter as the Queen of Hearts and Johnny Depp is sure to add a twist to the Mad Hatter.  To my knowledge, this is not a re-make of Alice in Wonderland but a sequel, where she returns to Wonderland as a young adult ready to discover her true purpose to her double life in this other world.

I wonder what new adventures she will find in this Wonderland!


So in honor of the movie, I pulled a few items from my wardrobe that
were reminiscent of the Queen of Hearts! 

    This is one of my favorite cropped jackets I just got over my Christmas Holiday in London.  Thanks to my boyfriend Matt and his mom Clare, who surprised me with it after I drooled / fawned over it in a vintage shop.    It is black and white tweed wool with red trim and by Miss Feraud.  I am guessing it's from the 1960's.  I wore it with my black knit mini dress I have had forever from Zara's
and my favorite red wool hat that I literally wear everyday.


Here is another pic I did a little photoshop sketch effect to....
I could maybe be in a modern storybook...ummmmm well maybe not:)


This is my new heart necklace from my mom for Valentine's Day!  She sent it over a week ago and it finally came on Tuesday.... NYC mail, that happens.  The heart is made from glass, and the necklace is made from different kinds of red ribbon.  It is so colorful and fun, I had to have something fun to wear with it.  If only I had worn this on Valentine's day....

-L 


oh yes---a special thanks to Matt, my loving, considerate boyfriend who took the time to be my photographer despite all of my critiques!


No comments:

Post a Comment