Monday, November 23, 2009

For Meatlovers Only!

So lately my blog should be called the "Eating Press" because food has been the focus and with Thanksgiving two days away, be prepared for food, food, and more food.

I need to post a Warning: Anyone that is a vegetarian, DO NOT SCROLL DOWN.

On Saturday night, we all went out to celebrate my friend John's B-day! He had invited everyone out to Fette Sau in Williamsburg, Brooklyn. Fette Sau means Fat Pig in German....and if I know anything about German cuisine, it means meat and beer. Fette Sau specializes in smoked meats and specialty beers by the Gallon. So if meat and beer are your thing, this is the place for you. Be prepared to wait in line though. Fette Sau's serves their meats by the pound on large serving platters. So grab a beer, join the line and take in the smokehouse aroma as you wait to order. I definitely liked the Beef Brisket and Berkshire Sausage. Check out our tray before it was devoured...
OOO and the pickles and baked beans are good too!




Here's a shot of the gallon jug of beer Matt got!...of course he shared with everyone.




It took us a white to finish the gallon, I gave up on the beer and needed some caffeine. I ordered what I thought was an espresso, but it was espresso flavored soda- Manhattan's Special. It was interesting, but I don't know if it gave me the energy boost I needed.
It was a fun night full of meat meat, beer, beer, and oh yeah more meat:) Now I am ready for Turkey!

No comments:

Post a Comment