Monday, November 2, 2009

My Halloween Weekend!

Sooo here are my pics of my festive Halloween Weekend.

First off I convinced my boyfriend Matt to make Witch Cupcakes with me:) I got the idea from FoodNetwork.com....but I took a few short-cuts due to time and the fact that I lacked the confidence to think I could actually make these crazy cup-cakes.

Change #1: I bought a box cupcake mix and frosting instead of making it from scratch, saved time and money! Warning: Be careful opening the bottle of green food coloring. I turned my fingers into the green monster. Too bad I wasn't dressing as that for Halloween.

Change #2: Instead of cutting a cone shape out of the center of the cupcake, I bought chocolate kisses to use as the cone-shaped part of the hat. I thought I might break the cupcake trying to dissect it since I am not a surgeon.

Change #3: I couldn't find all the little candies to decorate the cupcakes so for the nose I used a candy corn, for the eyes we had some baby smarties Matt had brought back from London, and for the ugly warts, I bought some of that black gel frosting in the little tube. Worked out great. The warts really added to the full effect!

Lastly, for the hats, I had Matt make them....which surprisingly, he did a great job. For the brim of the hat, we used the choco wafer cookies as instructed, put a small scoop of green frosting and added the kiss on top. You can add sprinkles if you want, but we chose not to.



Making the cupcakes was pretty fun, I only managed to swear like 5 times, and 3 of those times were when I dumped green food coloring all over my hands! Definitely have to complain to the food color manufacturers about the faulty leaky bottle:P

The Finished Product!


The Army of Witches!


Lastly, I thought I would share a pic of Matt aka Charlie Brown and I aka Lucy at our friend Julie's Party! We had a fun night....Matt looks thrilled to be Charlie Brown:).


Now it's November already! Time flies!

Until the next post,
Laura






2 comments:

  1. Your cupcakes are really cute and you look awsome in Lucy.
    Hope you're fine, take care Vahiana !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe thanks for reading my blog:) I hope all is well with you:)

    ReplyDelete